ALL NATURAL Eco-Friendly Hide Glue
L.D. Davis’s eco friendly hide glue is compounded using various grades of technical gelatin. Historically, hide glue was known as animal glue. Animal glue has existed since ancient times. The first known written procedures of making animal glue were written about 2000 BC. Between 1500–1000 BC, it was used for wood furnishings and mural paintings, found even on the caskets of Egyptian Pharaohs.
Our ingredients guarantee our hide glue products to be 100% non-toxic, environmentally friendly, biodegradable and 100% recyclable.
L.D. Davis is the leading manufacturer and supplier of hide glue in the United States. Our glue is used in bookbinding, set-up boxes, graphic arts, rigid boxes and many other applications.
Properties of Hide Glue
Advantages of L.D. Davis Hide Glue
- Open time, tack level and viscosity easily adjusted to different running parameters
- Easy clean up with water
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable, recyclable and repulpable
- Forms a strong long-lasting bond
- Useful in “green” applications
- Application issues can be corrected by operators with temperature, dilution and application levels